Tuesday 10 March 2015

It really hit me this week that I only have 5 short weeks left in this amazing city. I cannot express how much I wish I could slow the clock down...Since I can't do that, I decided to start doing as much as I can possibly do in the time I have left. 

The weather has started to warm up, so I have made a whole list of parks I want to go to before I leave. My friend and I were on our way to one that our host mom suggested, when we stumbled across Queen's Wood and Highgate Wood instead. These are beautiful natural reserves in North London-- It actually felt like I stepped out into the woods, even though I was still in the city. It was an incredible experience, and felt amazing to get outside for a day. 





 My friends and I also decided we wanted to try to get into this popular speakeasy by Liverpool station, called The Breakfast Club. We went one other time, but didn't get in because it was soooo busy. We went early this time, and were able to get in. It was a lot of fun! When you first walk in, it is a restaurant upstairs, and then you go through this "fridge door" and go downstairs to the 'secret' bar. It was a very nice atmosphere and relaxed setting!







I also attended Once the musical this week! This was a really exciting experience for me because the show contained almost all of my passions. I started playing the violin and dancing when I was 4 years old..in this show the small cast did everything. They played the instruments, live onstage, sang, acted, and danced. I am so lucky to have been able to see this show before it closes in two weeks! 





















I can't wait for more of these event- packed weeks so I can experience all I can before I leave. 


No comments:

Post a Comment